Monday, May 23, 2011

Learning to Dance In The Rain

"Life's not about waiting for the storms to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain."

~Vivian Greene


“Every person has the power to make others happy.
Some do it simply by entering a room --
others by leaving the room.
Some individuals leave trails of gloom;
others, trails of joy.
Some leave trails of hate and bitterness;
others, trails of love and harmony.
Some leave trails of cynicism and pessimism;
others trails of faith and optimism.
Some leave trails of criticism and resignation;
others trails of gratitude and hope.
What kind of trails do you leave?”

- William Arthur Ward 

So the Rapture was an un-event.  21 May 2011 happened and we're back to being the people that we are.  Some have become faithful, others prayer-ful, whilst the rest of mankind stayed "as they were."
When it happens and it will, I bet it will come like a thief in the night.  Probably worst than my Zombie Massacre nightmare.  How we will all cope with it? Hell do I know?
I just know that at the moment I am feeling grateful for all that I have and don't have, and all that I am and I am not.
For I truly believe in what Buddha said a pretty long time ago:
"Peace comes from within.  Do not seek it without."

The entire frenzy has brought me back to the fundamental teachings and by some unfortunate circumstances, I always tend to forget. (damn shame on me!)  For whatever it's worth, I have become a little more watchful.

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”


And at the moment, I live, I breathe, I think, I feel and I am learning to dance in the rain!  
Enjoying every moment of it.





14 comments:

  1. Learning to dance in the rain........
    I'm not good with comments,I can never say quite what's on my mind. I think your writing flows beautifully...your blog worth the effort to visit, worth the effort to fight google to become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always write the best posts, excuse me while I dance in the rain and start watching :)

    I am on lunch break, cya

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and very inspirational. Thanks for sharing it sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solving problems can be challenging, sometimes things are hard to deal with, perhpas that's why god made us, to help each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this......and i actually do dance in the rain. I cant help it i love the rain and being outside in it. Don't get me wrong i'm not going to run down 4 flights of stairs (that dont have a lift) just to go out in the rain but if im out already i will or open a window. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post girlfriend... I think I needed to hear that today, so thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post reminds me of my daughter, Sarah, who could be anything that she wants to be, and so she became a dancer. She loves dance, and teaches it. She went to college (Univ of AZ), where she got a degree in dance. But now she has decided to become a doctor, so at age 30+, she completed her premed requirements, and is now competing with the 20+ crowd of applicants for the privilege of going to med school. Oh, if only they knew what I know of her, and what an incredibly low risk applicant that she is.
    In the meantime she continues to dance, even in the rain.
    Also, she carries this disease, in that she would become the eighth generation physician in our family, only in her case it was buried under piles of dancing attire. Great post, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we're all still here :) and you and i are among the joyful

    love you oodles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the post. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "learning to dance in the rain!!! "
    beautiful post, as usual. xxxx Luv it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. its one of my favorite quotes, u did a beautiful job in this post

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dear friends,
    So what are you waiting for? Shall we dance?

    Drachma,
    I think Sarah and I will be great friends. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great one! Where did you get that talent from?
    Let's dance so and enjoy it! Everything is possible, every moment is holy!
    A million of thanks for blessing our days with such amazing and inspiring thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fantastic post and this very moment I really needed those words from you. You my friend, never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, will Blog for comments.