Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Amore ... Love

9 February 2011

We all want to fall in love. Why? Because that experience makes us feel completely alive. Where every sense is heightened, every emotion is magnified, our everyday reality is shattered and we are flying into the heavens. It may only last a moment, an hour, an afternoon. But that doesnt diminish its value. Because we are left with memories that we treasure for the rest of our lives.

I just recently made a Blog Post on why I don't buy into the Valentine Hoop-la.  But one thing is sure and I just need to be honest about it, I am a hopeless romantic.  
My take on LOVE  is more than just a greeting card, or a dozen roses, ( I prefer Tulips as a matter of fact), or a box of chocolates that I don't really expect to get on one particular day in February.  


Should I get any of the above on a random day, say in September ... that would mean so much more.


Ahh .. but to talk about AMORE.  


It is like trying to describe the feeling of riding your first bike; seeing a falling star; Christmas Morning; your first kiss with your childhood crush; first paycheck; walking along the vineyards during summer in the South of France; crawling through the final steps of the Great Wall; your child sleeping on your chest;  a snowflake on your tongue; your first puppy's little yelp when he sees you; your kitten purring when you hug her; watching the sun set at Manila Bay; playing with your friends in the rain during a summer break ... I can go on and on, but I would not have come close to what it is that love stirs in our souls that we honestly crave for it however the multiple pieces of broken shards our hearts have become.  




Love is like watching a miracle unfold before your eyes.  Love after all holds so much breadth and depth that its true meaning if put into words is virtually impossible, if not, feeble and wanting.  


I was hoping to be able to write about what LOVE is.  I tried. 


Here's COLLIDE.  For all of the world's romantics like I am.







2 comments:

  1. ~~~~~~~Looooooooooooove that song.

    Fabulous!

    Kim (myinnerchick.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a relationship...:/

    I do love my cats, and I love my friends, and I love my family, but I'm sure it is not the same.

    Valentines Day still sucks. -_-

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, will Blog for comments.