Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Day I Joined The Coffee Shop

January, 2011

It has been such a harrowing month for me.  My mom who is 85 years old had a very bad fall and broke her femoral neck.  Course we all remember that the femur happens to be the longest bone in the body.  It holds your body upright, and is attached to your pelvic bone in a ball and socket type.  


Pretty much the anchor bone as you twist and dance to Chuck Berry's Johnny B. Goode.  So she can no longer twist and dance.  She needed a hip replacement. 

I thought I would log in on one of the nights when sleep once again deprived me of its caress.  I checked out the Discussion Board and decided to pipe in and join in what I found to be an interesting thread, and my nights has never been the same again.

My curiosity served me well.  


I met some of the funniest, irreverent and intelligent people on the Blog-line.  It's been less than a week and I am Level 4.  And in order for you to know what that means, you just have to go and check out the forum for yourselves.


These people don't have the slightest idea they have saved me from a downhill drop to depression.  They kept my mind awake.  They made me laugh out loud silly, alone in my room, except for the ticking sound of my night clock and the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard.


For some people, the Facebook games are an escape.  I play Vampire Wars myself.  For others it can be Twit till you bleed out of your ears and tweet that too.


Meanwhile back at the ranch, I am enjoying myself reading endless threads of discussions that make a lot of sense, and other things that are just annoyingly nonsense.  But I read on.


Way past the witching hour I tap on my keyboard, until the first rays of light beam through my half closed windows.  And like a night owl, I crawl to my bed because once again, it's morning.  "It was like the beginning of life and laughter. It was the real meaning of the sun."




7 comments:

  1. What a cool post.

    I always love it when we get cred for something other than "those assholes in that forum have no life and were mean to me". Trust me, we get plenty of that shit.

    I love that you love the place, and love it even more if they have helped you out. I have been there for more than a year and they have helped me immensely.

    Just don't tell them too much because then they get a big head.

    Much love,

    ScrappyChick (aka) Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psycho, the Coffee Shop has had a similar effect on a lot of people. Speaking for myself, well,a particular red light has inspired me to pick up my writing pen after 10 years. And believe me, my loneliness has almost disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping in from LADY BLOGGERS.
    Love the site! Beautiful.

    Thanks...

    Kim My Inner Chick.

    http://myinnerchick.com/2011/02/05/curvy-girls-in-skinny-bitches-out-2/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, glad you have enjoyed the coffee shop so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bio -- I did. I do. It's therapeutic even.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm late, but I feel I should say something here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we often find help in the most unlikely places. In your case, listening to your intuition helped you find it. Some people might scorn your type of aid, but I always say that one should never close yourself off to any possibility of any type of connection.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, will Blog for comments.