Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Blues and D.M.C.

21 February 2011

I always imagined myself outgrowing this childhood dread.  
Guess I never did and probably never would.


Perhaps it is pretty much similar to why I prefer sunsets than sunrises. 


I find sunsets hopeful.  A promise of a new day.  Its not there yet but it will be.  I also think it is more dramatic.


Mondays are just awful.  If I had some power to change things, I would make a week to be simply, 2 Fridays, 3 Saturdays and 2 Sundays.  Perfect world.  Shame I neither have the power to change the configuration of a week, and some wise guy already invented the 7-day week cycle.  If I get the chance to meet him, I will not even ask him for an explanation.  I'll just vaporize him and set my own terms.


When I get the Monday blues, I don't resort to the most primitive of all defense mechanisms and deny the existence of Mondays.  I would like to say that I take pride in being able to cope with wicked Mondays like any good, rational adult.  
I resolve to make myself what a friend of mine calls, the D.M.C.  A lovely lady named Linda sent this to me, and I have since become an abuser.  When I need an upper that leaves me with tons of guilt and horrible shame, I make myself the Dangerous Mug Cake.  Why dangerous?  Because it takes only 5 full minutes in committing a perfect and godawful  crime!  If you haven't tried this, its about time you did.  And I would love to personally welcome you into the "family"! Benvenuti  nella famiglia!


DANGEROUS MUG CAKE

Ingredients:


1 coffee mug
4 tablespoonful of flour (all-purpose, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons Sugar (yes dear, this ain't sugar-free)
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk (I go for broke and go Full Cream on this one)
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips*
3 tablespoons nuts*
(*means its optional, of course I exercise my options and choose both)
Small splash of Vanilla


Procedure:


Add all dry ingredients together to mug.  Mix well.
Add egg and mix thoroughly.  Pour in milk, then oil, and mix.
Add chocolate chips and nuts, and Vanilla and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high.
When you see the cake rising out of the mug, smile.  You're doing it right.
Allow to cool a little. (You can choose to tip it out of the mug and plate it if you desire.  I don't.  Too tedious.)  
On really sad days, I top it with some whipped cream and sprinkle more chocolate chips.  (I warned you, its criminal!)


EAT.  Can serve two.  But why share?




With one serving of this little mobster, I am ready to face even the Loch Ness monster.  Bring it!  Dite ciao al mio piccolo amico!!!









11 comments:

  1. "Sounds like someone has a case of the Munnndayss." (movie reference- "Office Space")

    That cake sounds awesome. I might even be adept enough to make that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy, but I cannot eat sugar before lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a freak, because I love Mondays.
    1) we have a Monday meeting that always cracks us up.

    2) I love my iPod! By Monday morning, it's loaded up with new podcasts, updated playlists, and maybe a movie or book.

    3) Mondays represent a brand new start; granted any day can do this, but Mondays stand out for me; so anything that happened prior is off the books; screw living in the past!

    Love the mug cake. I'm avoiding it, thank you very much, because it'll become a daily routine with me. Do I smell chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I homeschool so as soon as I read this I grabbed my 17-year old and had him make it. I am sharing it with him and my 8-year old. Will definitely be making it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Retch, yeah, happens to the best of us.

    Debbie - you can always have the DMC as a night cap. But if you're watching your sugar level, discretion is highly advised. And i am totally the wrong person to advise that. hahaha

    Hi Kim - I should get a DNA sample from you for a possible implant, because Mondays are always dreadful for me. And with the DMC, once you cross the line, there is no turning back.

    Hello Anne, it is so easy to do isn't it? Am sure your kids will love it!
    Thank you for stopping by!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate mondays too. that cake looks so good, but I will not share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust me Jamie, it's not better than sex. But it is dangerously close. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your line "Vaporize him and Make my own terms." LOL I laughed. Following your blog now I love coffee and cigarettes and wine and cigarettes too all though one day I do want to quit my cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. R U kidding me? I am making that chocolate- sinful mug today! Unbelievably delectable. WOOOOWWWW! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OooOooo, cake in a mug? That's the first time for me! I can't wait to give it a try.
    Also, I have given you the Versatile Blogger award :) see my blog for details

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love mondays, maybe the joy of a new week, new opportunities, people to meet......but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy yummy cake! And my gosh this one looks like a wonderful idea! And it is easy to make so why don't take the chance to try it........very soon....

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, will Blog for comments.