Having said that, it was only a matter of time that this "environment" and landscape predisposed Personality Disorders that require careful study and understanding.
I have decided to blaze the trail in this field and my own virtual experiences has given me a fairly good grasp of disorders only known to the Internet mankind.
Now let us take a careful look at a few that I have encountered and painstakingly analysed:
NUMBER 1: THE INTERNET NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER
- Too much Internet time, so little friends; no "real"friends
- Too much angst, lack of or absence of "real life";
- The 3 C's (Constantly, Consistently Constipated)
- Who actually cares?
- Too much Blog whoring
- Reacts to criticism with rage, shame and humiliation (all emotional rants said in one sentence; for some others, a whole Blog Post)
- Excessive feelings of importance (manages multiple Blogs via multiple hosts; one of which is likely a Blog about him/herself with huge photos of self and About Me videos,; multiple accounts in Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, flickr, the whole nine yards)
- Needs constant attention and admiration (begs for Comments and Followers, or just "begs")
- Believes empathy is a matter of speech deflection or a "regional accent"
- Argues with self; loses argument with self, denies losing the argument
NUMBER 2: THE INTERNET SOCIOPATH PERSONALITY DISORDER
- Possibly genetic
- Possibly too much caffeine or alcohol or nicotine or all of the above
- Likely had an abused and unhappy childhood (grew up on Elm Street with Freddy K.)
- Lost a pet in early life, became a proponent of animal cruelty to cope
- Most likely a Taxidermist in real life
- Watched Drew Barrymore's "Firestarter" re-runs more than a dozen times
- Witty, charming, articulate and exceptional at virtual flattery
- An outstanding "Manipulator"
- Lies about self; Steals others ideas and language even; Fights with anyone who may suspect they are guilty of the first two, often, if not always
- May frequently be angry and arrogant over nothing, including the choice of the best Jelly Beans in the world
NUMBER 3: THE INTERNET HISTRIONIC PERSONALITY DISORDER
- Likely to occur more frequently with women users of the Internet albeit the men are no exception
- Can be attributed to early childhood trauma; i.e., constant rejection in the School's Speech and Drama Club
- Sexual frustration
- Sounds perfectly normal and naturally sensual virtually (could likely be butt ugly in real life)
- Often too dramatic and emotional (ordinarily ends sentences with multiple exclamation points!!!!)
- Is a regular blame-putter; blames everything if anything goes wrong, including the Google server
- May appear pretty shallow, but in reality, IS actually very shallow
- Constantly asks for approval, love and acceptance in any form, any language, and in any way
- AKA the Internet Drama Queen or King or Elvis
NUMBER 4: THE INTERNET SCHIZOTYPAL PERSONALITY DISORDER
- Odd beliefs, odd behavior, odd "speak", just plain, ODD
- Completely preoccupied with CONSPIRACY THEORIES
- Collects all Stephen Spielberg and George Lucas' Alien and Sci-Fi movies and/or books
- Feels genuinely upset they are unable to form and sustain Internet-personal relationships
- May likely have been "abducted" by "them" from out "there"
So far, these are the types I have evaluated. I would post more as I am still deep into researching and "probing" the few others I have seen.
Just remember, it could be you I am talking about. Mwahahahahaha (evil sinister laughter)